In addition to the various nightclubs, pool parties and strip clubs on the Strip, Vegas is home to a ton of other things to do and explore – whether you're in town with friends, family members, or at a team retreat or corporate event – there's something for everyone.
For example… jumping out of a plane at 15,000 feet! Thrill-seekers would be hard-pressed to find something more adrenaline-inducing in the desert than the exciting and exhilarating act of skydiving!
What is Skydiving?
For those unfamiliar with the term, skydiving – also called parachuting – is the act of transitioning from a high point down to Earth, controlling the speed of descent with parachute or parachutes.
Simply put, you go up really high in the sky in an airplane and jump out with nothing but a parachute. Simple, but insanely effective.
What's special about skydiving in Las Vegas?
Skydiving is a special activity, especially in a tourist-driven town like Las Vegas where a lot of the people signing up most likely won't have a lot (if any) experience with jumping out of a moving aircraft. This activity requires plenty of wide-open space (making the desert landscape the perfect location), highly trained instructors, and jump partners to educate and guide jumpers to make it a fun and perfectly safe activity.
What if I've never skydived before?
That's okay! Friendly and professional staff on-site are there to educate you on how to operate the vehicles, and all jumps are performed with a "tandem master." This tandem master is essentially going to be controlling all aspects of your jump, as you are strapped to his/her front while they will be the one to pull the ripcord and all the technical stuff required.
There is no preparation aside from mustering up the courage to stepping out of a plane; your partner will be doing all the work required. The parachutes used are state-of-the-art and allow for dual steering, so your tandem master may let you steer for a bit to enhance your experience, but you don't have to do anything except make that leap of faith (literally).
How much does it cost?
A single person's tandem jump starts at $199, with a small upcharge for plane fuel per flight.
Group discounts are available for 4 or more people, so gather your friends and create a once-in-a-lifetime experience you'll never forget!
Special pricing is available for birthdays, bachelor, bachelorette groups, and even people looking to propose to their significant other in a unique way!
To commemorate this awesome experience, you will have the opportunity to purchase photo and video packages taken by your tandem master as you hurtle through the sky.
A special package even allows you to book a second professional jumper whose only job is to record your entire sequence as you all fall together, making sure that you get the thrilling experience in a professionally edited, easily shareable video that is perfect for your memory collection!
Skydiving Miscellaneous FAQ:
- What should I wear when I go skydiving?
- Dress in comfortable clothing that you don't mind being outside in. You might want to wear a light sweater as it is a little cold at that altitude, not to mention the wind whipping past you on the way down.
- How do I get to the jump site?
- Complimentary shuttles pick up at various points on the Strip every 30 minutes; you will get a list of all the pick-up spots in your confirmation.
- You can arrange for your own transport, or if you want to travel in style, you can visit our page and pick out some of our more popular transportation options.
- Do I have to jump with a partner? Can't I do it on my own?
- Yes, all jumpers must be accompanied by a licensed tandem master to ensure the safety of all jumps.
- If interested, the company also offers courses to get your A-License so you can do solo jumps of your own!
- Is there a weight limit for skydiving?
- With the company we work with, yes, there is. The weight limit is set at 250lbs (113.4kg); however, there are extra charges for persons between 220lbs (99.8kg) and 250lbs (113.4kg).
Skydiving API GO JUMP PACKAGES
What's the Verdict?
Skydiving, as well as many of the other non-partying Vegas activities, is a great way of enriching your experience in Las Vegas. Especially for our Vegas party veterans, sometimes you just need to try something new to cleanse your party palate and experiencing the great desert outdoors is a fun way to do so.
We can also bundle this activity with any other services you book with us at a discount, so please submit a request on the form(link to ev form) if you'd like to custom-build your own Vegas package on your next trip!Get a Custom Quote
Hopefully, this guide has been helpful to your Las Vegas Nightlife education! Feel free to check out the rest of our guides below: